Saturday, June 20, 2015

Khan Academy

I decided to look into Khan Academy. Khan Academy is a great way to give students supplemental information and/or instruction on subjects. I have taken the Khan Academy chemistry section and linked it to the LMS my school uses. There are several sections that have tons of videos about all kinds of different aspects of chemistry on the site. At the beginning of the year I can introduce this as a supplamental resource that my students can use if they are confused or want to learn more about a subject we are going over. I can also use this as a supplemental material in class for different ways of explaining a concept for differentiated instruction. I could even assign certain videos for homework if I wanted to start a flipped classroom type situation. Khan Academy is a great resource that could be very beneficial to students.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked at much of Khan Academy except for the math. Good to get your thoughts on the chemistry videos.

    ReplyDelete